Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Here We Go Once again...

Baby #2 was on it's way, and there was no knowing how much I was going to gain this time, so I just went with the flow. Well as it turns out, I wound up gaining a total of 85 lbs. Ok, so 15lbs lighter than last time...not bad...not bad....ya right! I've just about had it up to my ears with this dumb "let's see if we can gain a baby whale" game. I mean honestly, 85lbs? You've got to be kidding me.

So the birth of baby #2 came and past, and just like before, I couldn't get rid of the last 50 lbs. So once again I hauled butt to the gym everyday for 2 hours, and did the whole sha-bang all over again until I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight 6 months later. This time I wasn't too concerned with losing beyond my pre-pregnancy weight, because my husband and I had discussed having a third child.

Time flew by and before I knew it, I was pregnant with baby #3. This was almost like a celebration for me, because I knew once this pregnancy was over, I could focus on losing all the weight I wanted without fearing gaining it all back through pregnancies. So once again, I gained a whopping 75lbs, just as expected, and was only stuck with 40 of it this time around. After baby #3, I felt completely unmotivated, and did not want to go to the gym. Not just because I had no desire to, but also because I now had three little ones tagging along. The thought of this was extremely overwhelming. I was horrified of the thought of having to get them all ready just to go to the gym, so I purchased a treadmill, and began working out at home.

It's been two and a half years later, and I am pleased to report that I have lost the last 40 lbs, and It took 18 months after giving birth to do it. Wow!... would have been a lot faster if I had just gone on a diet! Anyways..I am happy to have lost all my pregnancy weight, but disappointed to say that much haven't change with my weight in the past 6 months. I still have 30 lbs to loose, which is the 30lbs that I wanted to loose before I started having children. I had been working out frequently at home, but it wasn't enough, nothing was changing! I didn't look any different, my clothes weren't fitting any better, and the numbers on the scale definitely weren't getting any smaller. I knew there was a problem, and it had to do with my eating. In fact it has always been a big problem of mine. I just wasn't ready to admit it, and definitely wasn't ready to change my eating habits, or give up my favourite foods either. But 3 weeks ago, something happened, It was like someone flicked on a light switch in my head. I felt incredibly motivated to make a change, and do something I have never done before. I needed to finally tackle my eating, and develop more self control around food. So I decided to join Weight Watchers. After lugging excess baby weight around for over two years, I had no excuse. I had a burning desire to lose it now more than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment